When buying or replacing your AC system, some considerations need to be taken into account regarding the long-term investment required for its optimal performance.
A complete cost analysis up front will give you a better indication of the over all expense of owning your air conditioner. Be sure to discuss this aspect when you’re making your purchase, to allow for your budgeting on a yearly basis.
Regular maintenance and electricity fees are the two main factors that contribute to the overall cost; emergency repairs and replacements of parts are also realistically going to need to be factored in. Citywide HVAC Services will give you a critical list of the initial and ongoing costs associated with purchasing your AC unit, upon request.
Here are some points to consider when purchasing an AC unit.
- The Unit – The process of buying an AC unit isn’t as straightforward as buying other appliances – you’ll need assistance from experienced salespeople; the size of your house and the workload your AC unit will endure, will largely determine the type and size of system you’ll need to purchase. Please do your homework, and call a trusted professional before you make this major purchase for your home.
- Installation – Installation must also be carried out by a qualified technician for a number of reasons; they are the experts in determining the best location and position for optimum cooling efficiency; a warranty can only apply if it has been installed professionally; qualified electricians will connect the power supply; and connecting pipes must be fit properly and the right wires must be attached together – it is a complex process. Moreover, you should be looking for a licensed technician that you can rely upon to continue with the maintenance schedule of your unit, so that all the services can be detailed, logged and accessed at the one service repair company for any future reference.
A good point to remember is that a reduced initial expense doesn’t necessarily mean reduced costs in the future; furthermore, an AC system that is expensive upfront may provide more reasonable longterm maintenance costs over its anticipated lifetime. Discuss these points with your salesperson.
Are you in need of air conditioning coil cleaning services in Tampa? Call us @ (813)296 5462. Available 24/7 for emergency air conditioning repair needs!
- Electricity Bills – The SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating is a metric used to measure how much cooling a system puts out for each unit of energy it consumes. In theory, the higher the SEER rating, the more efficiently the air conditioner operates. Keep in mind the SEER rating is based upon an air conditioner’s performance at 82 degrees – so if your appliance is operating in 90 degree temperatures, you can expect the cooling capacity of your unit to go down and the energy consumption to increase.
- Maintenance – The longevity of your AC unit will largely be determined by the level of maintenance performed on it – this is why at Citywide HVAC Services we offer our valued clients an AC Maintenance Agreement – a scheduled contract that guarantees the highest quality service and upkeep of your system. We will log details of all appointments, inspections, findings and work carried out, in the AC Maintenance Agreement. The customer also receives VIP treatment and discounts, when it comes to any call-outs and services on your appliance.
- Emergency Call-Outs – Call-outs are often required in the peak of the summer season, after an AC system has been dormant for a long period of time. To avoid this inconvenience it is highly recommended that you have a pre-summer maintenance service, as well as regularly inspect your appliance for any dirt and debris build up – both inside, in the air filter and on the evaporator coils; and outside in the condenser.
In summation, it is highly advisable to discuss all aspects of costing involved with purchasing your new AC unit. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
To discuss the initial and ongoing costs of purchasing an air conditioner in Tampa, talk with the professionals at Citywide HVAC Services – (813)296 5462.